The greatest impediment to economic and social development on the African continent is the poverty of information that exists at all levels of society. The communication of vital health, agricultural and education information has become a major priority for many governments and organisations, and is increasingly recognised as the most appropriate basis for sustainable development.
The AV DRUM 21 is the definitive communication platform. It is built into an appropriate vehicle, such as the Land Rover Defender, Ford Everest, Toyota Land Cruiser or Nissan Patrol and includes the following facilities:
- DVD video programmes; CDs and MP3 audio programmes for rural and urban audiences
- Big screen DVD-based programmes projected for large audiences
- TV monitor for training smaller groups
- Video camera, camera light, tripod and battery pack to record events in the field
- Powerful public address system with microphones and CD audio player for pre-recorded messages and music
- A portable generator to supply power at anytime, anywhere
- Integrated shock absorbing platform and lockers to protect the equipment in the toughest environments
- Conduit protected wiring loom with RCD circuit breakers for equipment and operator protection
- Internet connectivity on request AV DRUM 21 is the most effective means of mass communication in the difficult and remote areas.